This LibGuide will help you write a paper on your topic.
Questions to ask when researching disease information:
1. What do I need to know? An overview usually contains description or definition and provides leads for further research.
2. When was the information written? The field changes quickly. Note the publication date. If necessary, scan recent articles to see if there are updates.
3. How in depth need I go? Your professor may ask for clinical information. In that case, a consumer health web site will not be appropriate - look for resources geared toward the psychology professional if you are asked to provide more detailed information.
4. Use appropriate search terms, depending if you are looking for clinician or consumer information. For detailed information, use clinical terms - such as generalized anxiety disorder instead of the less specific term anxiety
READ YOUR ASSIGNMENT CAREFULLY AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ASKED!!
Welcome to the Psychology Research LibGuide. These web pages will walk you through the steps for gathering information for your Research Paper.
- Develop your topic, Use the Books, Web sites and the Article / Database tabs to find resources on your topic. The Articles /Databases have been pre-selected to help with evaluating...
- Evaluate your resources - this tab shopws you how to do this. The advantage of using these resources is that you will be provided the citation, which is important for your next step:
- Cite your sources - Use the citation tab for a template (APA or MLA - ask your instructor what format to use) If you start with the templkate, youu can plug in the citations as you go along, making it much easier to complete this assignment. Instructions on using a pre-formatted citations from a database and creating your own through Easybib rae provided.