PS 101 Introduction to Psychology
Course Description: An introduction to psychology covering general principles, concepts, and facts about human behavior and major contribution to the field of psychology as a science. Topics include history, methodology, sensation and perception, learning, memory, motivation, emotion, personality, and the physiological basis of behavior.
General Education Objectives:
- Students will be able to describe how psychologists do their research.
- Students will be able to analyze a psychological issue using theories and concepts from a psychological perspective.
- Students will be able to take a position on an ethical issue and defend it.
- Students will be able to define psychology.
- Students will be able to describe three topics of research that psychologists might study.
- Students will be able to explain what is meant by the nature versus nurture controversy.
- Students will be able to identify, and explain the contributions of, one noted psychologist.