Finding images - free access or public domain
More Search Tools
Finding media files
When using images, sound and videos in your presentations, look for images in the public domain, since you must still credit the source. This web page offers many sites that provide images you can use. When searching for images in Google, look for media files that are labeled for reuse .
- Search for images
- Click on "tools"
- Click on "usage rights" / then "labeled for reuse". This option appears after you have entered your search.
Give credit to your source
Look for media files that are in the public domain.
- Public Domain Sherpa explains the difference between public domain and copyrighted material.
- Use Creative Commons attribution to search , for images and other media files, and credit with proper attribution
- Many resources, such as those in Flickr and Wikimedia Commons provide this method.
- This link shows you how to provide the Creative Commons attribution .