HIT 106 Research Paper, Legal Aspects of Health Info
See the Research Paper Guidelines in Blackboard for Complete instructions
1. Sign up for a medical ethics topic or bioethics topic. One student per topic. Sign Up Sheet is available in Week 2.
2. Your paper must address the major ethical issues on all sides of the ethical debate and conclude with a paragraph on where you stand in the ethical debate and why.
3. You must use a minimum of five sources in preparing your paper. At least two of these must be obtained from PCCC’s Library online databases. You can find a list of PCCC’s online databases at: http://www.pccc.edu/library/online-resources-medium
4. You must prepare and submit a descriptive annotated bibliography. See due date above. In your annotated bibliography please indicate which sources were obtained for the PCCC online database and indicate the specific database. Please refer to the following website for information and a tutorial on preparing an annotated bibliography: http://www.umuc.edu/library/libhow/bibliography_tutorial.cfm
Welcome to the Medical Ethics Research LibGuide. Use the Tabs above to gather information for your Paper.
- Develop your topic, Use the Books, Web sites and the Article / Database tabs to find resources on your topic. The Articles /Databases have been pre-selected to help with evaluating...
- Evaluate your resources - this tab shows you how to do this. The advantage of using these resources is that you will be provided the citation, which is important for your next step:
- Cite your sources - See the Tabs for MLA Citations, Database Citation Tools and EasyBib.
This LibGuide will help you write a paper on your topic.
Questions to ask during the research process:
1. What do I need to know about my topic? An overview or review article usually contains a good description or definition. Once you have a thorough understanding of the topic, it is time to search for more detailed information.
2. When was the information written? Note the publication date; is it timely enough for your topic? If necessary, scan recent articles to see if there are updates.
3. How in depth need I go? Use the appropriate resource to answer your research question.
4. Use appropriate search terms.
READ YOUR ASSIGNMENT CAREFULLY AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ASKED!!