Use this guide to get the technical help and support you need - or at least get in touch with the person or people that can help you out.
Portal / PCCC Account
Your PCCC Account is essential for success at PCCC, as it enables you to:
- Register for courses via Web Advisor
- Pay your bills
- Access your online courses via Blackboard
- Access your campus email
- Access Microsoft Office 365
- Register for mobile alerts via Panther Alert
If you have trouble with your PCCC Account contact the PCCC Help Desk at 973-684-6464.
Students enrolled in Developmental Studies Reading and Writing classes use Pearson MyLabsPlus. See the Developmental Studies Reading and Writing Lab libguide for instructions.
PCCC Help Desk
The Help Desk for students is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The number is 973-684-6464. The Help Desk can help you with any of the following issues:
- Logging in to your PCCC Portal account
- Password resets
- Logging into online classes
- Accessing online classes
- Accessing online support services
- Making an online payment
- Using Web Registration
- Completing an online application
- Completing an online FAFSA
- Accessing campus email
- Accessing grades
Microsoft Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 includes:
- Microsoft Office web apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) to create, edit and share from any browser anywhere in the world.
- Skydrive - cloud-based storage where you can save up to 25 GB of personal storage.
- New e-mail addresses - Student email addresses will change from (portal login)@ pccc.mailcrusier.com to (portal login)@ students.pccc.edu. (note the .EDU extension)
Online Classes: Blackboard essentials
Online courses and online course supplements are accessed via Blackboard.
- For basic questions about accessing Blackboard you can call the Help Desk.
- For more complex questions contact the office of Online Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about a course itself, contact the instructor for that course.
- For more information about online learning, see the Online Learning libguide.
The following (mostly video) tutorials explain the most essential Blackboard functions. For a complete list, go to the On Demand Learning Center for Students.