Last Updated: Oct 27, 2015
The following grants are of interest to PCCC students, faculty, and staff.
|Title of Grant and Timeframe
||Purpose, Target Population & Eligibility
||Location & Contact Information
|Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) Program
- Summer Program for first year EOF students
- One-on-one academic, transfer and career advisement
- Tutorial services
- Academic workshops and seminars
- Student leadership development opportunities
- An additional financial grant is provided to help with educational expenses pending eligibility and availability of funds from the State of New Jersey.
The Educational Opportunity Fund Program is open to first generation college students who are residents of New Jersey.
- You must demonstrate financial and academic need within the EOF guidelines.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or hold a Permanent Resident Card.
- You must have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- You must be a New Jersey resident for at least one year.
- You must be a full-time student (12 credits or more)
Main Number: (973) 684-5662
Applications may be obtained by contacting:
EOF Admissions Counselor
Paterson Campus – Room A250
|Northern New Jersey Bridge to the Baccalaureate (NNJ-B2B): National Science Foundation
(August 15, 2015 to August 15, 2018)
- Peer led team learning/supplemental instruction
- Career seminars and transfer activities
- Undergraduate research experiences including stipend for summer research
- Peer mentoring
- Math bridge program
- Student ambassador opportunity
Thomas van Aken
A-312A Paterson Campus
|Student Support Services – TRiO
(Sept. 1, 2010 to Aug. 31, 2015)
- Tutoring - no appointments necessary
- Academic Advisement
- Financial Aid Planning
- Career Coaching
- Transfer Planning
- Low-Income students
- First- Generation students
- Low-Income and Disabled students/documented
Services included for Participants:
- Grant Aid
- Book Vouchers
- Child Care Vouchers
All participants must:
- Plan to earn a degree and transfer to a 4-yr institution
- Take at least 9 credits per semester plus 3 additional credits during the summer
- Demonstrate academic need by testing into DE 025 and/or MA 025
Marva Cole-Friday, Director
973.684.6442 - Room E203
Joyce Addo-Anum, Senior Counselor/Coordinator
973.684.6334 - Room E204
Stephanie Velasquez, Counselor
973.684.6443 - Room E219
|Title V Gateway Initiative
(Oct. 1, 2012 to Sept. 30, 2017)
- For Students: Individual and group tutoring for course content and academic writing; general and discipline specific college success workshops; dedicated technology support; and one-on-one intervention meetings.
- For Faculty: Course redesign assistance via individual and group consultations, support for the integration of technology in the teaching and learning processes; and professional development activities.
Director: Suzanne Hickey
Paterson Campus, Learning Resources Center
Coordinator of Learning Support: Doreen Pierce
Academic Technology Coordinator: James Wallace
|Title V – HSI-STEM Grant
(October 1, 2011 to September 30 , 2016)
- Summer STEM programs
- Field trips
- Academic support including advising, tutoring, mentoring, transfer counseling
- Dual enrollment opportunities
- Professional lectures
- Any student who has declared a STEM Major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
**Any PCCC student who is undecided or who is considering STEM as a career should speak with the STEM Director to determine possible STEM Program eligibility
A-312A Paterson Campus