This LibGuide will help you write a paper on your topic.
Questions to ask during the research process:
1. What do I need to know about my topic? An overview or review article usually contains a good description or definition. Once you have a thorough understanding of the topic, it is time to search for more detailed information.
2. When was the information written? Note the publication date; is it timely enough for your topic? If necessary, scan recent articles to see if there are updates.
3. How in depth need I go? Use the appropriate resource to answer your research question.
4. Use appropriate search terms, depending if you are looking for: technical or consumer information. For detailed information, use clinical or scientific terms - such as anterior crucitae ligament instead of knee.
READ YOUR ASSIGNMENT CAREFULLY AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ASKED!!
Welcome to the Food and Nutrition Resource LibGuide. These web pages will walk you through the steps for gathering information for your Research Paper.
- Develop your topic, Use the Books, and the Article / Database tabs to find resources on your topic. The Articles /Databases have been pre-selected to help with evaluating...
- Evaluate your resources - this tab shopws you how to do this. The advantage of using these resources is that you will be provided the citation, which is important for your next step:
- Cite your sources - Use the citation tab for a template (APA or MLA - ask your instructor what format to use) If you start with the templkate, youu can plug in the citations as you go along, making it much easier to complete this assignment. Instructions on using a pre-formatted citations from a database and creating your own through Easybib rae provided.