● Copyright is an important issue that concerns faculty, librarians, and students. Individuals are responsible for complying with PCCC's institutional copyright policy. While this guide makes information on copyright available, it does not provide legal advice.
● In addition to this guide, librarians and administrators at PCCC are here to assist the College community with course-related copyright questions. Please contact a librarian for general copyright advisement; Luis Ruiz firstname.lastname@example.org (x5877) about putting course items on reserve in the library; Elizabeth Pachella email@example.com (x5880) with copyright questions regarding online courses and Blackboard.
Topics covered in this guide:
1. PCCC Copyright Policy
2. The Copyright Act of 1976, with emphasis on the “fair use” provision
3. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA)
4. The Technology, Education, and Copyright Harmonization Act of 2002 (TEACH)
5. Orphan works
6. "First sale" and library reserve items
7. Subscription research databases
8. Public domain
9. Copyright resources for faculty
10. Plagiarism and citation resources for students
11. PCCC Academic Integrity Policy