Browse the shelves near these books to find more on your topic.
For a complete list of books, search the online catalog.
Remember to limit to PCCC Library
Engineering Catastrophes : causes and effects of major accidents
Call Number: TA169.5 .L36 2005
Publication Date: 2005-07-22
Description: "Case histories are given throughout the book. These are designed to show how human frailty, or the unexpected weakness of materials, or a combination of both, can lead to dire and tragic circumstances."
The Great International Disaster Book
Call Number: REF. D24 .C65 1982
Publication Date: 1982-02-01
Call Number: REF. D24 .D38 2002
Publication Date: 2002-07-01
Unnatural Disasters : case studies of human-induced environmental catastrophes
Call Number: GF75 .G85 2003
Publication Date: 2003-11-30
Overviews: Start here
--Contains overviews. Chapters from Reference books.
--Citations provided. Easy to use. Search using single words or phrases
NOTE: Database links may not work off campus. Use Library Link in Blackboard for Remote Login.
Titles in this collection include:
Databases: In Depth Searches for Articles
For a complete list of Library databases (books and articles online) see List of all PCCC Online Resources
- Highlighted resource: Science Online -
- Contains comprehensive content on STEM topics for research projects
- EBSCO (all)
- Comprehensive Academic and popular periodicals
- Remember to click on the "Full Text" box
- Other ways to limit:, using the navigation pane on the left side of the search screen:
- Finding too much? Try a more specific search term
- Finding too little? Broaden your search.
Search strategy tip:
Search first by the name of a specific disaster such as
Try word variations and synonyms for more results. Examples:
Man made disasters
Case study, Case studies