This LibGuide will help you gather information to write about cultural competencies in health care
Questions to ask:
1. What do I need to know ? An overview of your topic is a good place to start. For example, search for one cultural group . Example: Native Americans. Then use additional search terms to find more specific information. Example: Native Americans and health
2. When was the information written? Note the publication date. If necessary, scan recent articles to see if there are updates.
3. How in depth need I go? Information for the consumer or a health care professional? Scholarly or popular?
4. Who wrote the information? Are they experts or do they back up their information with facts?
4. Use appropriate search terms. Try synonyms and related concepts
READ YOUR ASSIGNMENT CAREFULLY AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ASKED!!
Welcome to the Cultural Competency LibGuide. These web pages will walk you through the steps for gathering information for your Research Paper.
- Develop your topic, Use the Books, Web sites and the Article / Database tabs to find resources on your topic.
- Evaluate your resources
- Cite your sources - Use the citation tab for a template (APA or MLA - ask your instructor what format to use) If you start with the template, you can plug in the citations as you go along, making it much easier to complete this assignment. Instructions on using a pre-formatted citations from a database and creating your own through Easybib are provided.