Highlighted Resources - Overviews
1. These databases have good overviews of concepts.
- GALE Opposing Viewpoints in Context (Topics: Addiction, Air Pollution, Arms Trade, Artificial Intelligence, Bioterrorism, Cancer Risks with Technology, Chinca, Civil Liberties, Civility in Modern Society, Climate Change, Cloning, Crime, Cybercrime, Deforestation, Doomsday Scenarios, Endangered Species, Energy Crisis, Extremisim, Flu Pandemics, Food Insecruity, Genetic Engineering, Global Warming, Hacking, Infectious Diseases, Islamic Fundamentalism, Junk Food, Mass Extinctions, Natural Disasters, Nuclear Safety, Technology and Society, Terrorism, Water Pollution, Weapons of Mass Destruction, Womens Rights)
- GALE Virtual Reference Library - Book chapters providing good topic overviews
- Today's Science - see Topic Index for articles - Air Pollution, Global Warming, Water Pollution,
- World Book
- For a complete list of books, search the online catalog.
- Remember to limit to PCCC Library
Highlighted Resources - In Depth Searches
1. For a complete list of Library databases (books and articles online) see List of all PCCC Online Resources
2. Start with, Academic Search Complete, a comprehensive database from EBSCO.
- Search tips:
- Remember to click on the "Full Text" box
- Other ways to limit:, using the navigation pane on the left side of the search screen:
- By date
- By type of source: magaine, scholarly articles
- Finding too much? Try a more specific search term....
- such as Forecasting, Prediction
- or combine terms
- Finding too little? Broaden your search.
- Explore these Journal Titles:
- Futurist - Focuses on trends and developments that are likely to have a major impact on the ways we will live in the years ahead. Presents information that can be of help to evaluate design for change.
- Future Survey - now World Future Review - Abstract of books, articles, and reports concerning forecasts, trends, and ideas about the future.
3. Nytimes.com - register using pccc email (---@students.pccc.edu) to have access to the archives and multimedia, including The Future Issue NYT Magazine 11/15/15 Economists, Biologists and Skrillex on How to Predict the Future , The Secrets in Greenland's Ice Sheets, The Crispr Quandary
Books on Forecasts of Future Progress
CB 158-161 Forecasts of Future Progress
Browse the areas around these call numbers for additional books on the topic.