WHAT IS TRIO SSS?
TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) is an academic support program.
Who is eligible?
- Enrolled or accepted part-time or full-time students
- Student must meet federal low-income criteria
- Student parents must not have received a bachelors degree
- Student must show academic need
What is offered?
- Unlimited tutoring - no appointment required in TRiO SSS designated Lab
- Academic Advisement
- Grant Aid
- Book Voucher
- Child Care Voucher
- Financial Aid Planning
- Career and Academic Coaching
- Transfer Planning
1. Plan to earn a degree and transfer to a 4-yr institution
2. Plan to take at least 9 credits per semester plus 3 additional credits during the summer
3. Demonstrate academic need by either testing into Developmental Studies DE025 and/or MA025 or demonstrate need through other indicators such returning to college after 5 years, lack educational goals, lack academic preparedness
1. Complete an application (The TRiO application can be accessed online at www.pccc.edu/sss)
2. Complete the application process with an interview
3. Participate in an orientation session
The PCCC TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) Program is a federal grant program funded to serve 160 eligible students each year. Services include Academic Tutoring, Academic Advising, Financial aid Planning, Career Planning and Transfer Planning. Eligible participants can receive Grant Aid to help with tuition payment, Book Vouchers for offsetting the cost of textbooks and Child Care Vouchers to help pay for services received in the PCCC Child Care Center.
TRiO SSS provides opportunities for academic development, assist students with basic college preparation and serves to motivate students toward the successful completion of ther postsecondary education. The SSS Program primary goal is to increase the retention and graduation rates of its participants and help them make the transition to a four-year institution.
TRiO SSS participants have the opportunity to take assessments that determines their skill level in taking on-line courses.
COLLEGE GREEN LIGHT
Transferring to the four-year institution of your choice can be a seamless process.
Click on the link below, register with CollegeGreenlight, and create your profile.
Once you have created your profile, you will be paired with the colleges, scholarships and services that matches your profile.
MS. MARVA COLE-FRIDAY, DIRECTOR - 973-684-6442 - ROOM E203 - firstname.lastname@example.org
MS. JOYCE ADDO-ANUM, SENIOR COUNSELOR/COORDINATOR - 973-684-6334 - ROOM E204- email@example.com
MS. STEPHANIE VELASQUEZ, COUNSELOR - 973- 684-6443 - ROOM E219 - firstname.lastname@example.org
MS. KESHIA CRAWFORD, SECRETARY - 973-684-6228 - ROOM E201A - email@example.com
Follow TRiO SSS