Links About slavery and pre Civil War Times
Listen to Kindred Audiobook
Pick one scene from the Prologue or The River and write a response journal (to be collected)
Read pages 18-33. List new vocabulary and be prepared for a T/F quiz. Here is a list of vocabulary for you to do the exercises as shown in the Companion Text: word, part of speech, related words, context sentence, definition.
Vocabulary The Fire pp 18-33
1. p. 18 vulnerable
2. p. 21 regret
3. p 22 tentative
4. P. 23 bitterly
5. P. 24 hesitantly
7. P. 26 revenge
8. P. 27 triggered
9. P.32 beckon
10. P. 29 paradox
- Do all the following exercises in Companion Text:
- pages 74-77/ 88-91/96-98/ 104-105
- Finish the vocabualry review after the midterm.
- Be prepared for the Final Exam including wiriting an essay comparing major characters in Kindred
- If you would like to listen to Kindred on audiobook go to:
Welcome ESLR 004 Students
Welcome to ENR 040!
Our reader for this semester is KINDRED by Octavia Butler and the Companion Text for Kindred by Janet Giannotti. The Companion Text has vocabulary exercises, historical background information, comprehension questions and journal topics related to the reading.
Please click on the Documents tab for more information and supplemental materials.