Writing Across Disciplines Day
This full day event is for faculty in all academic disciplines who are not teaching writing-intensive courses and have not attended a previous Writing Across Disciplines workshop or WI Faculty Institute.
The objective of this full day workshop is to have more instructors, particularly adjuncts, incorporate writing into their courses.Preference will be given to instructors teaching courses that already encourage writing in formal and informal ways.
Based on the best practices that have emerged during the four years of the PCCC Writing Initiative, we will be discussing how to use, assign and evaluate writing that occurs in different disciplines.
There will be a series of topics discussed including:
- A brief overview of the goals of the Initiative and our writing intensive courses
- What do you do with writing in your classes now?
- Using formal and informal writing
- Creating effective writing assignments
- Incorporating information literacy and critical thinking
- Responding to and grading student writing - for content and for writing
- Writing Resources available to you and your students at PCCC
The 5 workshops for 2012 will be held from 9am - 3:30pm in The Writing Center at PCCC (Paterson Campus A113)
- January 6
- March 13
- May 14
- July 13
- August 10