TEAR DOWN THE WALLS: LibGuides and Evolving Learning Spaces
Learning spaces continue to evolve as web tools further erase the physical walls of classrooms, libraries and other educational settings. This session examines the use of LibGuides, a web 2.0 content management and information sharing system designed specifically for libraries but being used at Passaic County Community College as a collaborative tool for courses.
This hosted service offers opportunities to create and share reusable content, tagging, widgets, embedded video, RSS, and easy integration with other tools like Delicious and Facebook.
This presentation is an introduction to using LibGuides in an academic setting and utilizing the Web 2.0 options. The presentation was done in two parts:
- a brief PowerPoint overview of how PCCC first started using LibGuides and the features
- a closer look at those features using this demo LibGuide
Use the guide tabs above to view the presentation segments
- What are Libguides?
- Types of content boxes that can be created in each guide - embedded video, RSS, events, scripts etc.
- Sample LibGuides from PCCC and other institutions
- Help links and resources for using LibGuides
VIEW the PowerPoint presentation from this conference below