Check out some helpful grammar and writing resources below:
Grammar and Punctuation Websites
Resources for Writers:
- Research and Documentation Help
- Writing College Papers - This LibGuide helps students write effective college papers, essay exams, and paragraphs and is hosted at Anne Arundel Community College.
- Writing 142: Writing and Research (Cornell University)
Information Literacy & Critical Thinking
Below are some links to free, printable graphic organizers. These can be used for reading, writing, notes on videos, or a combination.
Common ESL Errors
Here are some links to lists of common mistakes made by Non-Native English Speakers. There are also hints on how to correct them and some interactive sites for NNES students to help them with their grammar. Each site is rated with 1-4 stars (*), 4 being the best.
* For Microsoft sites, view using Internet Explorer.
Writing Intensive Course Documents
This area contains a writing materials such as the WI rubrics outline forms, peer review forms, graphic organizers,etc. These can be used by individuals or by an instructor for a course. If you have any materials that you would like to add, please send them to email@example.com.
- Writing Process Checklist: For Faculty to Students (RTF)
- Responding to Student Writing
- WI Rubric - Standard Writing (v10) (RTF)
- WI Rubric - Standard Writing + Citation (RTF)
- WI Rubric - Critical Thinking (v4) (RTF)
- WI Rubric - Information Literacy (PDF)
- Syllabus Template for WI Courses (RTF)
- Formal Writing Assignment Template (RTF)
- Critical Thinking Assignment Template (RTF)
- Information Literacy Assignment Template (RTF)
- Basic 5 Paragraph Essay Template (RTF)
- Graphic Organizer for 5 Paragraph Essay
- Graphic Organizer for Essay (Customizable) (RTF)
- Essay Self Evaluation Form (RTF)
- Essay Peer Review Form--Generic (RTF)
- Checking Facts Online Worksheet (RTF)