Websites to test from your school
Test each of these web resources from your school in order to determine which sites are blocked for students.
Post a comment telling which sites are inaccessible. Identify your comment by name (or your initials, if you prefer) so we can collect information about accessibility for the group.
Bring to the Seminar
We ask each participant to bring to the seminar on day one these materials to share and use with the group.
1. Your writing activity greatest hit. A lesson that always seems to work. It can be anything from a pre-writing activity to a follow-up to a larger assignment. It should be something that can be done in 1 or 2 class periods (not a long term assignment such as a research activity). Bring any materials you use for the lesson (handouts, resources...), if possible.
2. A writing lesson-in-progress. Bring a lesson that you have used less successfully but believe has potential, or a lesson that you are hoping to develop but need some help creating.
Amongst the topics we will discuss during the seminars, please consider your answers to these prior to attending:
- What are the top 5 things PCCC should know about what your school and students are doing in regards to writing?
- Does your school have: a writing center; writing across the curriculum program; portfolios; or writing magazine?
- What technology works and doesn't work in your classroom?
- What would you like to know about the expectations that PCCC has for entering students?
- What might a college (PCCC and others) offer to your school that would improve your ability to use writing?