Template for Research Paper
NOTE: Always contact your professor for assignment requirements. Then click on the appropriate TAB above.
American Psychological Assn format (APA)
American Sociological Assn format (ASA)
The template contains the Microsoft Word formatting for your paper. Spend more time doing research, less on formatting!! It includes:
- Cover page
- Font, size: Times New Roman, 12
- Paragraph style
- "References" page with hanging indent citation format
As soon as you find your first source, add it to the "References" page.
Welcome to the Sociology Research LibGuide. These web pages will walk you through the steps for gathering information for your Research Paper.
1. Develop your topic - this tab contains resources to aid you in focusing your thoughts.
2. Use the Books, Web sites and the Article / Database tabs to find resources on your topic. The Articles /Databases have been pre-selected to help with evaluating...
3. Evaluate your resources - this tab shopws you how to do this. The advantage of using these resources is that you will be provided the citation, which is important for your next step:
4. Download the template to the left. As soon as you find a source you would like to use in your paper, make note of the citation information. A big time saver is loading the citation information directly into your Works Cited page at the end of the paper. This brings us to ...
5. APA or ASA citation formats - this tab shows you how to create a citation and provides the paper template. Select the style recommended by your instructor.